Files + SmartConnect = Integration anywhere.
Data exports are common and native file import templates usually don’t cut it.
While file import templates in-applications are pretty common, the ability to import a file and map the columns in a way that non-standard to the template isn’t. SmartConnect fills this gap. Take your file format and generate data where you need to.
Integrate via Flat File Export & Imports
For some applications, the best way to integrate data is via a File Export & Imports.
Automate with SmartConnect to deliver all your file integration without code.
- Microsoft Excel
Use Files as a Source
- Schedule the integration to get the files from your local file location.
- Trigger the integration get the files real-time, as soon as the file is created in that folder.
- Run your integration in bulk on your source.
Files as a Destination
- Send to File Location
- With options to specify headers, date/time, and overwrite.
Run Files as Tasks
Processing Steps to Help you Cover Your Full Scenario.
- Run a File
- Delete a File
- Move a File
- Copy a File
SmartConnect toolset is your answer to
- Configurable integration with Flexible Mapping & Task Steps.
- Trigger your integration to run at the right time– real-time, on a schedule, manually, or by calling the Smartconnect web service to run an integration.
- Transform data formats between systems.
- Deliver your integrations in a way that is easy to maintain and upgrade.
“After we saw how successful the first two maps were and how fast SmartConnect is, I started to look at some of our other integrations (built with IM). I decided since it was so easy, I’d have the RSM team tackle two more integrations for us. Within a few hours, they had replaced two more maps to integrate txt files from two different business segments – 1 of those with intercompany transactions – into accounts payable.”
Continuing, Braun Hari expressed her plans, “the speed alone is a factor with SmartConnect and makes it worth us spending a little time moving all our Integration Manager integrations to SmartConnect very soon.”
Rachel Braun Hari,
Vice Present of Finance Operations
Data integration using local file and folder integration
- In SmartConnect.com, upload your file to use within your integration.
- In SmartConnect on-premise, point to your local folder & file location.
- Connect to your local folder and file connection path.
- Suport for Excel, Text (CSVDelimited, TabDelimited, PipeDelimited), XML, & XML Query formats.
- Use your file as a part of a multi-data source integration.
- Run tasks in SmartConnect to run a processing step (script or functions – we have a library) interacting with your database.
- Run your integrations when you want: manually, automated on a schedule, or real-time options available.
Connect All Your Business Apps
What other systems can I integrate with?
Dynamics GP Integration
Connect to Dynamics GP eConnect and non-eConnect data as a source and destination.
Dynamics 365 Business Central Integration
Data migration and integration for Dynamics 365 Business Central.